Thursday, October 21, 2010

Heidi

Heidi is a very emotionally damaged cat. I met her several weeks ago at Small Paws Cattery, headquarters of the cat section of Argyll Animal Aid. She had been brought some distance and left with Pat, with a story that the man’s wife had become allergic to her. She had a tartan collar and some toys but nothing else. He promised a donation but never sent one.

Heidi is eight years old, a long-haired, pretty cat. When anyone tried to get near her she would bite and scratch. She appeared to be deeply unhappy.

Using Reiki on her seemed to help. The very first time I used it she appeared to relax. Here is a photo of Heidi relaxed.

P1020101

Eventually Pat, having made no progress with her, moved her in with the feral cats, where she continued to be very unhappy and not associate with the other cats.

I visited her there last week, and again yesterday, while working also on the other ferals. Last week she allowed me to tickle the side of her face, her ear and the back of her neck. Then she let me remove her collar, something nobody else had been able to do.

Yesterday all the ferals were agitated as they had been moved out of their run and shut into their housing area while the run is renovated. I worked on them and gave Heidi lots more treatment. Again she allowed me to tickle her, and she licked my hand.

Soon after I got home I received this email from Pat, entitled ‘Miracle!’:

‘When I went to feed the cats over in the feral pen after you’d gone Heidi ran up to me and let me pet her for a few seconds!’

A small miracle, and she will need a lot more work from both of us, but my heart is still singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment