Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shedding the load

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. It's a cliché, I know.


Already I feel the weight slipping from my shoulders. Of course my responsibilities at work have been decreasing for some time but this is different. I suppose the fact that on the first of the month I would normally be running statements, even if it was a Wednesday (my normal day off), a Sunday or even New Year's Day, means that I immediately  noticed the difference. Running statements was certainly an adrenaline fuelled experience but apart from a slight thrill as I clicked the button it was never something I especially enjoyed.


Because this is a Wednesday to some extent my brain still thinks it's just my day off. I was planning to spend the day sorting out the house and packing slowly and carefully for once. I had decided not to go to my meeting because it took such a chunk out of the day but there are visitors coming. Actually I think the meeting is a good way to start my new life so I will make the trip to town.


This appears to be the start of the blog as more of a diary than an art form. That's good, because I was never any good at diaries and voice recognition makes it a very easy format for me.


So, no major trauma thus far and tomorrow I'll be hitting the road. I was going to say that my mind would then be fully occupied but when driving of course there is time for thought. 


Physically and metaphorically I'm on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment