I am an over-packer. Preparing for even the shortest trip, I swing into 'What if?' mode. What if it rains? What if there's a heatwave? What if I spill wine down my best trousers? What if I suddenly get invited to a wedding and need a hat?....You get the drift, and it becomes exponentially sillier.
I am the same intellectually. Art, ideas, books, music...grab everything that appeals.
Or maybe it's just greed. Better go to the buffet of life and cram as many different things onto my plate as possible. Just in case.
It's not just greed, though. It's curiosity. And the need to know and discover, and keep the old grey cells busy.
Is it also, though, mental noise? Something to jam the true and clear radio signal I really need to be listening to?
I'm going away for a few days of quiet and reflection. And already I'm over-packing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment